4. Once more than 50% sign a Union Card, then we apply to the Labour Relations Board for a vote. Many times, everyone on the plant floor can vote, (except management) but sometimes the workers and the Union will decide to represent only a portion of the plant. On a packer, every tenderman gets a vote.
5. The Plant or Vessel is certified if workers vote YES to UFAWU-Unifor representation.
6. Plant workers or tendermen elect their negotiating committee and the committee and the Union negotiate a FIRST Collective Agreement.
1. Talk it over with a few trusted co-workers
2. Give us a call: 604 519 3630 (New Westminster)
1-888-624 6625 250 624 6048 (Prince Rupert)
3. Union staff will give you the tools and help talk to other plant members or boat crew about joining UFAWU-Unifor
SENIORITY, BETTER WAGES, BETTER TREATMENT,
COOPERATION INSTEAD OF COMPETITION,
SOMEONE TO HELP SOLVE BOAT OR PLANT FLOOR PROBLEMS
People are not being treated fairly?
Is there favouritism for callout or better jobs?
Your wages are lower than they should be?
Your benefit package is poor or not at all?
The UFAWU-Unifor can offer you safety and protection while we help you 'organize' your workplace.
NEW PLANT / VESSEL ORGANIZING
UFAWU-Unifor can offer you safety and protection while we help you 'organize' your workplace.
EACH PLANT / VESSEL IS DIFFERENT AND EACH HAS ITS OWN ISSUES.