Fishermen, Tendermen and Shoreworkers on the BC coast
THREE NEW DFO POLICY CONSULTATIONS
There are 3 processes that are CRITICAL to commercial fishermen:
1. DFO CONSULTATION on WEST COAST LICENSING
2. SALMON ALLOCATION POLICY (SAP) CONSULTATIONS –SAP sets allocation policy between Commercial, First Nations and Sports
3. FUTURE OF BC SALMON FISHERY
SHOREWORKERS and TENDERMAN
NEW COVID EI RULES
- if you fished in 2020, apply with your 2020 ROE. Don't worry about earnings - youwill get $500/week minimum
-if you didn't fish or make any or enough $$ in 2020, but fished in 2019 or 2018 - apply anyway-
- fill out the form as usual - but use your first day fished/ last day fished from 2019 or 2018
- DO NOT SEND IN YOUR ROE FROM 2019 OR 2018. You will confuse EI. Just fill in the first and last day fished and they will locate the proper ROE.
ALL FISHERMEN WILL receive $500/week as a minimum EI
Fighting back makes a difference!
Since 1945, the men and women of our union have struggled through good times and bad. Our struggles have changed the landscape of our communities and the industry, enriching them as we work for economic and social justice. Our victories have been many and we take strength from them. Those victories have come from our members working together in solidarity and diversity. We take pride in
our diversity - of people and ideas. We know that solidarity makes us stronger and that fighting back makes a difference.